Monday, October 16, 2017

Second Chance


I've been hoping for a second chance.
You've been holding me off at a distance
Ignoring all my calls.
You've been out there with some other someone 
While I'm sitting here night after night
Staring at these four walls.

He says he wants you and that he'll always be true.
But you know deep inside that it's
Foolish for you to agree.
Your heart is breaking because you know the truth.
You're really alone
And you'll only be happy with me.

You walked away because I was afraid
To give all my heart.
You were exciting but I wasn't ready to dance.
Now things are clear and I know without fear
What I need is you.
Say you'll forgive me and give us a second chance.

I've been praying that you'll see the truth.
You can only imagine the Hell you've 
Been putting me through.
But I won't mind it if in the end I find
This long dusty road is the pathway that
Leads me to you.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin
Amazon Author's Page: http://www.amazon.com/Dennis-S-Martin/e/B004SXY4LG/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1394055582&sr=1-2-ent

No comments: