Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Row 23, Window Seat

Five miles up, above the clouds,
The world has a different perspective as I
Swiftly ride on a cushion of balmy air
Over mountains and rivers, valleys and fields.

Rushing back to your waiting arms,
Your ruby lips, your honey hair,
My thoughts adrift roll the minutes to
Hours as countryside hurriedly passes below.

Someone engages polite conversation
Attempting to speed up the passage of time,
But I prove to be quite inept as a listener
Lost in a mindset of home and you.

Constantly seeking your face in the clouds,
Watching for shapes that remind me of you,
Placing my trust in a guardian angel to
Bring me back swiftly and safely home.

Fate is the keeper of many a secret
And trust is a champion who knows no defeat.
I travel safe on the wings of your love
In row twenty-three, window seat.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin
Amazon Author's Page: http://www.amazon.com/Dennis-S-Martin/e/B004SXY4LG/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1394055582&sr=1-2-ent

No comments: