Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Harvest of Stars

On a wondrously warm silent evening
With the galaxies flaunting their wares,
I stare at the diamond light beaming,
Forgetting all worries and cares.

And the starlight beams down to caress me,
And it cradles the world near and far;
Smiling sweetly and softly above me
As I reap a harvest of stars.

Hello, is there anyone out there?
Are you asking the same thing of me?
If so, are you wearing my blank stare?
If not, then the show is for free.

So, I'll stay here and gaze at the heavens,
And think about life up on mars.
I'll dream about going there someday
As I gather my harvest of stars.

My friends say that I 'm just a dreamer;
My eyes trained too much on the sky.
But my heavenly infatuation
Is a fact that I just can't deny.

So I'll stay here and gaze at the heavens,
And dream about life up on mars.
I'll dream about going there someday
As I gather my harvest of stars.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin
Amazon Author's Page: http://www.amazon.com/Dennis-S-Martin/e/B004SXY4LG/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1394055582&sr=1-2-ent

No comments: