Friday, August 10, 2018

West of the Echo

Here I stand at the edge of Atlantis
Looking east to the ancient shrines.
Bold winds buffet my face as the sun
Sinks over my shoulder to rest on the trees.
I call your name; lift it high over waters so deep
That the measure is more than the open sky.
But there is no answer, not even an echo.
The wind and surf only muffle my pleas.
What craze of wanderlust drew you away from
Peaceful surroundings, so safe, so secure?
How did I fail to tell you my heart?
Would it have done any good to try?
I should have seen from the very beginning
Just how the story was set to play.
You were determined, mindset on destiny,
Dreams at the ready, wings set to fly.
So here I rest, my feet in the sand
Wondering if I should be so bold.
Wondering if you would have me beside you,
Wondering where I might fit into your plan.
Wondering if you think of me
The way you are constant in my mind.
Wishing to press my cheek to your cheek.
Silently longing the touch of your hand.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin
Amazon Author's Page: http://www.amazon.com/Dennis-S-Martin/e/B004SXY4LG/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1394055582&sr=1-2-ent

No comments: