Monday, May 20, 2019

I Don't Need Scissors

I don't need scissors to cut out your heart
And toss it aside without shedding a tear.
Actions and words have more cutting an edge
Than the most finely honed pair of stainless steel shears.
I won't abide by your mollified codes that
Demand acquiescence to civility.
You won't find me yielding or wielding an edge
To the notions of polite society.
There is a line which, when crossed, kindles sparks
That build to a wall of impenetrable fire
That can't be put down,
Cannot be extinguished,
But only grows deeper and hotter and higher.

You had to hurt me.
You had to dig.
You knew the ending right from the start.
Now it's my turn, and I won't be kind...
And I don't need scissors to cut out your heart.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: