Sunday, June 23, 2019

Reveling In Fantasy

I could just sit for days, couldn't you?
Reveling in fantasy,
Allowing the real world to pass me by,
Shading my eyes to reality.

Who wants to live in a world cold with pain
Where sadness dwells on the six o'clock news?
Where the wrangling mangling madness of hate
Runs amuck in spite of Society's views;
Where rules stand for nothing,
And order is shunned,
And freedom is held at the point of a gun;
Where common sense dies,
Compassion is lost,
And worth becomes measured by how much is won.

I'd sooner imagine a different world.
I know it exists;
I've seen it before.
It tickles to laughter the smile on your face,
And holds in its fingers the key to a door
That opens revealing a room filled with glee
Where I can run reveling in fantasy.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: