Saturday, August 10, 2019

Resurrection

Mention me on the other side.
     I shall be coming soon enough
          As is the fate of mortal flesh
               To shed the trappings of this world.

You’ve not truly gone away,
     Just gone ahead to ease the pain
          That we had thought unbearable,
               To clear the bramble from the path.

And I shall hold your memory,
     Keep it warm inside my breast,
          Hold your story to the light so
               Others may ingest your fame.

And you can tell all whom you meet
     That I shall join you in due time.
          We will feast in jubilation
               When again our eyes embrace.

We shall survive to meet again,
     In what dimension no one knows.
          Only that the surety of
               Resurrection bodes us well.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: