Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Emancipation

So, you think that you want to be free of me,
Believe that you’ve finally found the key,
Started to view things with clarity.
Well, that may all be very true.

I had been thinking along the same line,
Wond’ring about you and me for some time,
Thinking how everything used to be fine
Until somebody changed.
Was it you?

I didn’t think there was ever a doubt
What this relationship was all about.
When we began we were both so devout,
Committed to making it work.

You could have told me when things went awry.
I had no reason for questioning why.
We just sat back and let time go by.
No wonder I feel like a jerk.

You want your freedom?
Take it and run.
No one is stopping you.
Face it, you’ve won.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: