Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Let Me Out of Here

When did these four walls materialize?

Could I have been so hard asleep

I did not notice the carpenter’s hammer

Banging and framing? Closing me in.

 

No door, no window, no staircase to climb.

Nary a toehold to boost to the top

So I might peek the other side to

Spy my accuser, determine my sins.

 

 Trapped in a prison, not knowing why or

When or if I’ll deserve a reprieve.

Silently praying, petitioning Heaven to

Send down an angel to rescue my soul.

 

Wond’ring if anyone knows where I am,

Cares that I’m gone and alone in my shame

As darkness descends and I cry in anguish,

Plead for deliverance from the cold.

 

Lost and alone.

Bursting with fear.

Will someone please

Let me out of here?

 Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: