Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Sometimes a Good Thing

Martha Stewart, eat your heart out,

Always telling me about the simple,

Finer things in life that make it

Just a little more enjoyable,

 

A little less deplorable and

Self-fulfilling if my mind and

Hands are willing to find the

Slightest bit of creativity employable.

 

No more waiting in the wings

To be a players' understudy,

No more watching QVC to

Order someone else's craft,

 

I am out to make my own,

Claim my prize in a lover's game,

Striking out like Tom and Huck to

Float down stream on a hand-made raft.

 

What bold adventure, this journey called love,

To fly up to Heaven on gossamer wings.

Martha, my dear, you can't build love by hand,

But sometimes it truly is a good thing.

 Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: