Sunday, March 27, 2022

Zephyrs

Soft as a whisper on welcoming ears,

Soothing as silk swaddling sensitive skin,

The Zephyrus winds wafting over my brow

Like smooth streams from strings

Of a sad violin.

And you are my Juliet, sweet and serene,

The joy of the morning,

Delight of my night.

My guide and my comfort,

Keeper of conscience,

The rhyme to my reason,

The left to my right.

And the west wind may claim you

As one of her own

So no one can hold you

Or build you a home.

And I’ll wait forever

If forever must be

For the zephyrs to bring you to me.

Sunset is fading and time holds the key

As I wait the west winds

To bring you to me.

Alone in the shadows I break down and cry

For a loss I can never deny.

And the west wind may claim you….


Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: