Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Jazz, and All That

Breaking all the syncopated rules…

                                                  I think so.

Turning all the geniuses to fools…

                                                  I don’t know.

Winding down the windows while I turn the heater on,

Pumping up the volume when they play a favorite song.

Driving down the highway to

A secret little byway where

They play the music my way

And it’s jazz…

                    And all that.

 

Tapping to the rhythm of the blues…

          Don’t go there.

Searching through my soul to find the clues…

          They’re nowhere.

Eatin’ soda crackers, sippin’ slowly on a beer,

Waiting for the music take me far away from here.

Piano man can wing it while

The scat man, he can sing it and

The combo starts to bring it

And it’s jazz…

                    And all that.

 

No comments: