Sunday, October 29, 2023

Reveling In Fantasy

I could just sit for days, couldn't you?

Reveling in fantasy,

Allowing the real world to pass me by,

Shading my eyes to reality.

 

Who wants to live in a world cold with pain

Where sadness dwells on the six o'clock news?

Where the wrangling mangling madness of hate

Runs amuck in spite of Society's views;

Where rules stand for nothing,

And order is shunned,

And freedom is held at the point of a gun;

Where common sense dies,

Compassion is lost,

And worth becomes measured by how much is won.

 

I'd sooner imagine a different world.

I know it exists;

I've seen it before.

It tickles to laughter the smile on your face,

And holds in its fingers the key to a door

That opens revealing a room filled with glee

Where I can run reveling in fantasy.

 

No comments: