Thursday, February 15, 2018

WATER

Here I stand at my back door window.
The robins have not yet awakened to sing,
But sleep has eluded my senses this morning,
Chased by the gentle tap-tapping you bring.

I stare at the streams of fresh liquid crystals
Which dance in the floodlight in chorus line fashion;
A river, an ocean which falls from the Heavens
And cleanses the Earth with a demonic passion.

I beckon the taps, for I must have my coffee,
And you, most obediently, quickly obey
In an act which is commonly taken for granted
A hundred, a thousand times every day.

My mind starts to wander and worship your treasure,
You giver of life we both fear and revere;
Your presence a barrier or a conveyance;
A reason to weep, a reason to cheer.

We span your expanses with bridges and monuments,
Ride on your whitecaps to enchanted isles
Where waterfalls freshen the mist of the morning
And crystal clear streams seem to go on for miles.

Married to sunlight... Creator of life...
Earth would be barren if you were not there...
Sustenance too often taken for granted;
Water... water everywhere.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin Amazon Author's Page: http://www.amazon.com/Dennis-S-Martin/e/B004SXY4LG/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1394055582&sr=1-2-ent

No comments: