Friday, January 03, 2020

Can’t Stay Away

Can’t stay away,
Though people tell me you’ll just break my heart.
I come back anyway.
I feel so lost alone when we’re apart.
I can’t feel.
I can’t sleep.
You are constant on my mind.
So I wait patiently
Looking for some special sign.
Just as long as there’s hope
Deep down in my heart
I just can’t stay away.

I thought forevermore was just a game
Played by simple fools with nothing left to lose,
But now nothing seems to be the same.
My world has changed so much since I met you.

What’s come over me?
I used to be so cavalier when it came to love,
Play the field and never fear about breaking up.
Then we met
And I fell,
And it never was the same.
I get weak,
Can’t resist
At the mention of your name,
And I know it’s no use,
I come back because
I just can’t stay away.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: