Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Run Away

After all this time together
I believe that we’re worth fighting for,
But you can’t stay to talk it out.
You just shut down and walk right out the door.
I tried so hard to make you see
The million-and-one reasons you should stay,
But your ears won’t listen to the truth,
You just take your foolish pride and run away.

You can run but you can’t hide
Because you know down deep inside
The simple truth that you and I are one.
We can’t change our destiny
Even though we don’t agree and
I say things that put you on the run.

I know you didn’t mean it when
You said you couldn’t take it anymore.
You’ll be back to work it out
Just like we did a hundred times before. 
But every time feels different
And every time I just hope and pray 
That it won’t be the last time
The next time that you up and run away.

You know I couldn’t help it
When I told you it was over,
It’s just a chess piece in this game we play.
But you’ve been gone so long this time
I can’t help but wonder
If this time is forever and a day,
And this time is the last time
That you run away.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: