Sunday, December 13, 2020

Grace

Swift… The sword can be

         So unforgiving

Striking at random

         In tandem or thrice

Stalking the night in

         Succinct predilection

Pumped with bravado

         Knowing no shame

Where is my White Knight

         On galloping steed?

Swift to the fray he rides

         Brandishing steel

Taking the mantel of

         Conquering angel

Holding the laurel of

         Sweet victory

 

Grace be my savior

         Hope my redeemer

Yielding a kiss on

         My welcoming cheek

Offering manna replete

         Sweet with honey

Wrapped in blue velvet to

         Comfort my soul

Blessings abide as

         The sun hugs horizons

Always tomorrow in

         His home or mine

Filled with a confidence

         Uncompromising

Fear cannot live in

         A house blessed by grace.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: