Friday, December 25, 2020

In Need of a Blessing

I don’t ask for much; there’s

Not too much I truly need;

A book, a pencil, a quiet hour

Nesting in my easy chair.

 

The trials of a hectic day

A spinning top slowly winding down

To a wobble, a wiggle,

A final spin.

At rest til started up again.

 

So, why feel cheated? Discontent?

What great malady ensues?

Is the quest so daunting

That it makes me cry for

Devine benevolence to intervene?

Is the path so troubled and

Fraught with brambles that

Every step is a task of its own?

 

Perhaps the masters of overstatement

Have sold me a house in sad need of repair,

A money pit with no end to the cycle,

Forever in need.

Forever in need.

In need of acceptance.

In need of a prophesy.

In need of a blessing

To find my way.

 Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: