Saturday, January 15, 2022

FOR WHAT WILL YOU FIGHT?

This is my home; this small strip of Earth.

This is my property stretching from here

Down that pathway to there round and back

To this spot. It may not seem much, but

It's all that I've got of this planet

Where humans divide territory

And mark it with deeds filed away

In some vault.

 

This is my family. These are my friends.

These are the people held dear in my heart.

These are the lessons I've learned from

Acquaintances, shared expectations of

Being a part of the larger equation

Whose total is strong.

They are my people.  Here I belong.

 

This is my truth; my heart-felt belief,

Drawn from experience of all I have known.

Truth ever-changing, maturing with time,

Always growing, but never full-grown.

Dare we conflict with the truth of another

Whose pathway is just as sure

His truth is right?

Are we combatant?

Do we retreat?

Be honest.   For what will you fight?

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: