Thursday, March 21, 2024

An American Dream

I wake up every morning, rub my eyes and ponder

On the wonders that the day may hold in store.

Knowing that the truth is there to stare back in my mirror

And the challenges that wait for me just outside my door.

Robins watch me drive away to capture new adventures

Just before the sunrise trickles in

To chase the moonlight’s beams,

And America comes back to life

With banners raised and hope revived

And skies unfold as multitudes go looking for their dreams.

 

It’s an American dream

Where every wish can come true

And the weak can be strong,

You can right any wrong

And your faith can shine through.

An American song that is just as it seems.

It’s a song filled with hope,

A song filled with joy

And American Dreams.

 

Heaven loves an optimist,

And glory waits for those

Who build their hopes and dreams on faith and peace and love.

I believe with every breath that this great land is over-blessed

With those who get their guidance from

A power up above.

 

It’s an American dream….

 

No comments: