Thursday, September 05, 2024

Resurrection

Mention me on the other side.

     I shall be coming soon enough

          As is the fate of mortal flesh

               To shed the trappings of this world.

 

You’ve not truly gone away,

     Just gone ahead to ease the pain

          That we had thought unbearable,

               To clear the bramble from the path.

 

And I shall hold your memory,

     Keep it warm inside my breast,

          Hold your story to the light so

               Others may ingest your fame.

 

And you can tell all whom you meet

     That I shall join you in due time.

          We will feast in jubilation

               When again our eyes embrace.

 

We shall survive to meet again,

     In what dimension no one knows.

          Only that the surety of

               Resurrection bodes us well.

 

No comments: