Wednesday, December 11, 2019

All Night Long

You’ve been sitting in your lonely room
Staring at an empty wall,
Waiting silently and wondering
If you should or shouldn’t call.
Now it’s late and you still hesitate
To pick up the telephone.
Don’t you worry; you can take your time.
I’ll be waiting all night long.

I hate it when we disagree and
You storm out in rage
Leaving me to search my empty soul
Like a tiger in a cage.
And your words keep running through my head
Like some long-forgotten song,
When all I want to do is hold you near
And love you all night long.

Maybe I should just forget my pride
And the hurtful words you said.
I just need you back here in my arms
Before I go out of my head.
We need to make this go away.
I don’t care who’s right or wrong.
Everything I have I’ll gladly give
Just to hold you all night long.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: