Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Maybe You’re Right

You say there’s a reason,
A simple change of season,
For everything that happens in our lives.
No such thing as simple chance,
It’s all determined in advance
And we can see the truth if hope survives.

But I find it hard to understand
That we’re just playing out our hand,
And there’s no way for us to win the fight.
So, I just keep it in my head,
The million things you might have said.
You may be wrong, but then, maybe you’re right.

You know I’ve been a player,
A yes-man and naysayer,
Witnessed every kindness known to man.
Known the hurt of leaving,
Felt the pain of grieving.
Hard to think that it’s all in His plan.

But you keep saying you believe
That everything is pre-conceived,
The story written down in black and white.
You believe it’s all foretold, but
I keep longing for control.
You may be wrong, but then, maybe you’re right.

If there are choices to be made,
You know I’ll face them unafraid.
I won’t hesitate to stand and fight.
Those words that echo in my ear
Will help to chase away the fear,
Knowing that you may be wrong,
But then,
Maybe you’re right.


Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: