Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Helpfulness

“Could I get a little help here?”
            “Sorry. Much too busy, Man.”
“Maybe you can spare a minute?”
            “No. Got some place I need to be.”

“How ‘bout you? Can you assist me?”
            “Mister, I don’t even know you.”
“I’m just someone in a bind.”
            “Sorry. No concern to me.”

“Pardon Ma’am, might I beseech you?”
            “What? Is that some kind of line?”
“No, I only need some aid.”
            “Oh, stick it where the sun don’t shine.”

“Is there anyone who cares enough to
Grant a little favor?”
The silence makes a lonely mistress
In a bed of misery.

“Is there no one in my life who
I can count on not to waiver?”
            “Hold on friend. I’ll lend a hand, but
            Tell me, what’s in it for me?”

Perhaps I should not hesitate when
Some poor soul cries out in need.
The way life goes, one never knows, 
That poor soul could one day be me.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: