Saturday, February 29, 2020

Humbleness

Please, don’t mistake timidity
For weakness or fragility
When tempered by humility and
Modest reservation.
This sheepish unpretentiousness may
Seem to leave me powerless,
But don’t expect me to regress to
Grievous subjugation.

I love this unassuming screen
That shields me from harsh sunlight’s gleam  
Where pathos dwells behind the scene
And I can look demure.
But I have loads of confidence
Kept hidden deep behind a fence
Without contention or pretense
Or faceless overture.

I’ll be not prone or hesitate
To silence or self-deprecate.
I have no grand ego to sate,
Or yen for spotlight’s glow.
But buried deep beneath the shroud
A fierceness lingers loud and proud,
Waiting like a thundercloud
To ravage all below.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: