Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Secrets

            TESS: 
Secrets... We all have our secrets;
Things that we keep down inside,
Things that we hide in our soul.
Secrets... There are all kind of secrets.
Some so dark they could cause you such strife,
Change your life if they were told. 
I've had a secret burning deep down inside of me
I've felt shame unimagined by most
Caused by a ghost from my past.
But now I've told my secret;
It can no longer haunt me.
Unafraid I can walk through the crowd
Holding my head up at last.                                                                                                                      
The secrets of my youth
But how time has flown
And my heart has grown;
It's ready to know the truth. 
Secrets... Why do we need secrets?
Just to save an embarrassing word,
Not to be heard on the street.
It's better... Just to give up your secrets.
Lift the burdens you carry around,
Lay them all down at your feet.

Someday... Someday, maybe tomorrow
You'll see blue skies and sunlight appear,
Chasing your fears all away.
'Til then... Don't let secrets bind you;
Put them all behind you.
Just forget all the sorrows and fears
Of so many years. Wipe away traces
Of all of those tears and you'll say
This can be a new day.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: