Saturday, July 09, 2022

Brushing Up Against Evil

Bring me my sweater to break off the chill,

Maybe a blanket to cover my shoulders.

I think I may never have felt so alone, so abandoned,

The steely breath bolder and colder.

Clenched teeth do nothing to ward off the feeling that

Something is somewhere, nowhere to be found.

Fist flexed in anguish, pumping, unpumping,

Ready to fly at the slightest sound.

Where did this come from? Where is it going?

Where can I hide til it passes away?

Ill winds, chilled winds howling in sorrow,

The voices of millions lost an afraid.

Flight would seem futile, nowhere to hide

From this eminent creature, this demon, this saint.

Pure in its way to the aspect of evil.

Searching, seeking, devouring the untainted

Hearts of the masses, one at a time.

Needing and feeding, then feeding some more.

Shield me, oh Heavens, from this branded torture.

Help me to win this battle,

This war.

 Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: