Friday, July 08, 2022

The Weight of All Evidence

Innocent! I cried. I am the victim,

Bashed and abandoned to deep wells of scorn.

Notice the scars left to blemish my spirit,

Violent cuts my soul to adorn.

 

Where is the justice? If justice be served.

Who’ll cleanse my wounds and lay bindings upon all the Bleedings? The pleadings? Who stops the tears?

Where is the solace now all hope is gone?

 

You were my hero, pedestal-rider.

You were the pinnacle, my source of light.

Steadfast and solid, a human Gibraltar.

How could I know you would ever take flight?

 

The scythe of the Reaper has torn out my heart,

Hidden away someplace I may not know.

Hopeful that someday I’ll see you again.

The weight of all evidence tells me so.

 Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: