Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Standoff

Barricaded!!!

Trapped behind a wall so high

That I must struggle on my keep

Around the clock. Her fortress mocks me

As my eyes refuse to sleep.

Sailing off into the sunset

Is a haunting distant dream

That lingers near, never clearly

Focused as I plot and scheme

To free these bonds, escape this prison,

Throw my jailer to the ground

And run to freedom somewhere distant

Where the fruits of truth abound.

 

If I only had the strength to

Face the showdown up ahead;

Bold to face the consequences,

Fearing still the flags of red

I sit quiet in my armor

As the stalemate lingers still,

Testing every ounce of metal,

Every measure of my will.

 

So, the standoff must continue.

Neither side will acquiesce.

In the end, just who will win?

Who will come out second best?

 

No comments: