Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Can’t Stay Away

Can’t stay away,

Though people tell me you’ll just break my heart.

I come back anyway.

I feel so lost alone when we’re apart.

I can’t feel.

I can’t sleep.

You are constant on my mind.

So I wait patiently

Looking for some special sign.

Just as long as there’s hope

Deep down in my heart

I just can’t stay away.

 

I thought forevermore was just a game

Played by simple fools with nothing left to lose,

But now nothing seems to be the same.

My world has changed so much since I met you.

 

What’s come over me?

I used to be so cavalier when it came to love,

Play the field and never fear about breaking up.

Then we met

And I fell,

And it never was the same.

I get weak,

Can’t resist

At the mention of your name,

And I know it’s no use,

I come back because

I just can’t stay away.

 

No comments: