Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Send the Word

Send the word to every living soul

Who draws a morning breath.

Let them know the most amazing news.

Tell the world in headlines I would

Write across the sky,

Today I dedicate my life to you.

 

In my life I’ve made a million choices,

Some I cherish, many I regret.

Then I found you, and Heaven still rejoices.

The choir has been singing since the first day that we met.

 

Send the word. Let the bells keep ringing.

Spread the news til all God’s creations know.

Today’s the day and you’re the one

Who makes my dreams come true

And I never want to let this feeling go.

 

Stay with me. Let’s grow old together.

Only you can ever hold my heart.

I promise you that my love is forever,

And only death will ever see us part.

 

Send the word. Shout it from the highest mountain.

Sing it out for every creature great and small.

Today’s the day we stand before the whole world and confess

As we declare the greatest love of all.

 

No comments: