Friday, January 23, 2015

It’s Over

Time to pack it all away,
Roll it up in bubble wrap and
Save it for another day.
Close the lid and
Seal the flap.
It’s over.
 
Chalk it to experience,
A holograph of destiny,
A single-minded game of chance
To pray on future’s memory.
It’s over.
 
If we were never meant to be,
You can blame it all on me. It’s true.
But I would give up everything I own
For one more chance at loving you.
 
Tomorrow’s just a day away
But it will be eternity without you.
Don’t know what caused our love to die
So I’ll just sit and cry because
It’s over.
I know it’s over.
 
Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I like these particular lines:
"A holograph of destiny" and "To prey on future's memory."
These two lines invited me to ponder the meaning. Sometimes one reads or hears words that initiate a pause in the thought process. As I read this poem, I paused and thought, "Wow, this is good." Yes, a simple response, but one that is uttered after a good movie or good read.

Mr. Martin, I like the way you manipulate words!
Sherry