Tuesday, October 19, 2021

A Sonnet for You

What world awakes as robins sing your song.        

There is no sun if I see not your face.                     

You are the difference between right and wrong.   

There is no substitute for your embrace.                

 

I can’t escape the sparkle in your eyes                   

A single look can take my breath away.                 

Your countenance sings without compromise        

I need you here beside me every day.                     

 

And time stands still when you are at my side.       

There is no right or wrong, there’s only you.         

I wear my feelings with a sense of pride                

And knowing you will be forever true.                  

And when the day is over we are one.                    

We sing our song to a departing sun.                     

 Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: