Sunday, October 24, 2021

Restless Seas

What mammoth creature down below

Has been disturbed and stirred to movement,

Making her waters, once calm and serene,

An angry mass of a restless sea?

 

God help us all if she breaches the surface.

Heaven forbid we should look on her face,

Her Medusa curse turning flesh into stone

In the micro-instant before we can flee.

 

Youthful exuberance might have survived it,

But that was ages and eons ago.

No longer the Captain or even the mate,

Merely a passenger caught in the fray.

 

Seeking safe harbor at journey's end,

Wanting no part of the battle ensuing,

Turning from harm and seeking a Navy,

I close my eyes and humbly pray.

 

God, give me strength to weather the battle.

See me before you in bended knees.

Help me to yield to your unbridled wisdom

As I ride the crest of your restless seas.

 Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: