Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Starlight

The sun fades in a distant west as

Twilight caresses the evening sky

With its' gentle colors of passionate pink,

And tiny pinpoints of starlight ensue.

 

Time grows weary and all the concerns of

The daylight dim as the sun settles in

To the tree tops, resting but a moment,

Offering promises old and new.

 

…And you fill my evening well into the night,

Holding my hand as the starlight appears

To capture the Heavens, filling the darkness

With all its' abundance of elegant grace.

 

Treasures abound in the evident spectacle

Born in amazement, meant to be shared.

But diamonds and gold can never compare to

The wonder I find in your sweet loving face.

 

No matter how long I may walk on these beaches,

No matter how wondrous the luminous prize,

Nothing on Earth or on this side of Heaven can

Outshine the starlight in my lover's eyes.

 Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: