Sunday, August 28, 2022

All in All, Not a Bad Day

The sun made its usual cycle today,

Up in the east painting early sky

To midday flush where shadows grow short,

To a lingering peace as it said goodbye.

The robins were busily working all day

Taking short respites to give up their song.

Feeding their young ones with earth’s boundless treasure,

Boldly inviting me to come along.

I don my armor, prepared for the workday,

Sallie forth leaving my castle and keep.

Set to defend against dragon and beast, with

Damsels to rescue, treasures to reap.

Perched upon parapets, archers and arrows

Flail at my armor to no avail.

Drawing my saber, I vanquish my enemy

One by one until I prevail.

Alone in my chariot, the day all but done,

My castle is only a moment away.

Knowing that you await within chambers.

All in all – not a bad day.

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: