Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Tying a Knot in an Angry Bull’s Tail

Sometimes trying to reason with you is like

Tying a knot in an angry bull’s tail.

Notwithstanding super-human efforts

I’m still doomed to fail

When you shut down, stop listening.

Turning your receptors down to

Mute the muse of simple logic,

Silencing her every sound.

I’m not sure just why I try

To meet your measure in these days

Of metered madness, inverse logic,

Wild untempered fits of rage.

Must be something in the water

Keeps me coming back for more.

Maybe it’s the Stockholm syndrome.

Maybe I’m your prize of war.

Big whatever! Keeps me trying.

Keeps me in your cruel game.

One more effort. Just one triumph.

One more angry bull to tame.

 Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: