Thursday, August 25, 2022

West of the Echo

Here I stand at the edge of Atlantis

Looking east to the ancient shrines.

Bold winds buffet my face as the sun

Sinks over my shoulder to rest on the trees.

I call your name; lift it high over waters so deep

That the measure is more than the open sky.

But there is no answer, not even an echo.

The wind and surf only muffle my pleas.

What craze of wanderlust drew you away from

Peaceful surroundings, so safe, so secure?

How did I fail to tell you my heart?

Would it have done any good to try?

I should have seen from the very beginning

Just how the story was set to play.

You were determined, mindset on destiny,

Dreams at the ready, wings set to fly.

So here I rest, my feet in the sand

Wondering if I should be so bold.

Wondering if you would have me beside you,

Wondering where I might fit into your plan.

Wondering if you think of me

The way that you are in my constant mind.

Wishing to press my cheek to your cheek.

Silently longing the touch of your hand

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: