Monday, July 22, 2019

Hastily Waiting

I learned in the Army
How to hurry up and wait,
Learned never to volunteer,
And I found out about fate.
I learned how a chance can fall
Right out of the blue.
So here I stand hastily waiting for you.

You can’t imagine how hard it is to wait
For your life and your mind to change.
I rush to your doorstep whenever you call
No matter how awkward,
No matter how strange.

There was a time when
The world turned much slower,
But that changed the moment we met.
Now I’ll spend a lifetime
If that’s what it takes
Hastily waiting without regret.

Every moment I stand by your side
And revel in your company
Is worth all the waiting
Outside of your threshold
To know just how good life can be.

Maybe one day you’ll wake up
And somehow realize
How my heart has always been true. Til then
I’ll quickstep to see you
Whenever you call,
Hastily waiting,
Waiting for you.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: