Friday, July 26, 2019

Wildfires

The wind stirs up the heat,
Stokes the embers into flame,
And no one sees just where the fire starts.
You came in to save me
As I struggle to explain
These wildfires that rage around my heart.

We were wide-eyed strangers,
Two stars crossing in the sky.
We both came crashing down out of the blue.
I rushed to be by your side
Burning bridges on the way
And I ran through wildfires just to be with you.

Now we both know the danger
As the flames sky overhead,
That every step we take
Could be our last,
But we keep moving forward
Because we know up ahead
Our troubles will be faded in the past.

There’s no need to worry,
There’s no need for doubt.
We don’t need to heed the fireman’s cry.
There’s a bright tomorrow
And we don’t have to fear
These wildfires that flame across our sky

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: