Thursday, November 07, 2019

Rapture

It’s just you and I, my love,
Wrapped up in this rapture,
Content just to be as one
As the twilight fades into the night.
We’re counting the falling stars
That race through the heavens
To rest in your waiting eye,
And the world seems so right.

One last kiss and we say goodnight,
Your head on my pillow.
Fall asleep sharing so much more
Than the air that we breathe.
Two hearts keeping perfect time
In a silent forever
With the rapture of happiness
In the dreams that we weave.

If the whole world goes crazy
And I can’t seem to go one more mile,
It’s enough just to be
In your sweet company.
All I need is the warmth of your smile.

The world can fade into dust.
Its’ treasures can’t last anyway.
But one thing I know for sure
Will endure to the end of all days.
This rapture we feel inside
Will always be there to see us through.
From now til the end of time
My rapture is loving you.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: