Friday, November 08, 2019

Trails of Trials

Take this cup away.
I’ve already filled it up with tears
Traveled down this road before;
Been a wayward rover all these years;
Blazed a thousand trails,
Must have wandered for a million miles,
Wondering if there will be an end
To these trails of trials.

I keep wanting to pretend
Everything is alright,
Flip a switch and start again
To sing a brand new song,
Take another golden path
To lead me to happiness,
But every time I turn my head I see
That the feeling is wrong.

Hit the highway running strong, 
Nothing really left to lose,
Take directions from the wind,
Find a brand new attitude.
Maybe I can change my luck,
Maybe just a few more miles
I can find a brand new me
On these trails of trials.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: