Monday, April 27, 2020

I Never Realized

                                     KATE:  _        
Who would have known?
How could I have seen?
The time has flown away from me.
My poor knees quake
To hear his name out loud.
My mind grows numb.   My eyes can't see.
My heart's awake. I never realized
The secret passions lying there.
Lord, give me strength
To face the lonely truth.
What happens if he doesn't care?
Please, take away this empty feeling.
Give me strength to carry through.
My restless heart has sent me reeling.
I never realized
The one that I've been waiting for is you.

(Spotlight up on DJ 
                                          DJ:                 
Who could have known?
How could I not have seen?
That after all these lonely years
Just the thought of seeing her again
Could bring me to the brink of tears.
Is it too late to start my life again?
Is she a lonely fool like me?
I have to know.  I must go back again,
Or my heart never will be free.

                                        KATE & DJ:
 Please, take away this empty feeling.
Give me the strength to carry through.
My restless heart has sent me reeling.
I never realized...
The one that I've been waiting for is you.


Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: