Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Money Slips Right Through My Fingers

Money... It slips right through my fingers.
That green stuff never lingers
To be my bosom friend.
I find it. Success is all around me.
Opportunity hounds me,
But I lose out in the end.

Winner! I want to be a winner;
Not just some beginner...
A struggling, bumbling hack.
Play me. I'll be a real scene-stealer;
A sure-fired wheeler-dealer.
I know I've got the knack.

But money, it slides right through my digits,
While I just fuss and fidget
And wave a sad goodbye.
Someday I'll find a way to keep it
When fortune smiles and sees fit
To look me in the eye.

Maybe if I could lie and cheat
I wouldn't go crashing in defeat,
Or waiting around til someone beats my time.
Could I be happy just to win?
Would it be right to cheat a friend?
Wind up in hell, wallowing in the slime.

But money... Slips right through my fingers;
Still that feeling lingers.
Go for it one more time.
Sweet deals are just around the bend now,
And money's your best friend now,
And things will work our fine.

Money don't care who holds it tight.
Pinch it and squeeze with all your might.
Sorrow and sadness, leave it all behind.
Wake up tomorrow in the pink.
Lose it and wind up in the drink.
Don't worry boys. I'll still be doing just fine.

Money!  Oh!  Sweet money....
Money is no friend of mine.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin

No comments: