Friday, April 08, 2022

Comfort

Blissfully, in bartered praise,

I seek sweet comfort in my days 

And writhe about in fitful ways

When hardship floats the bye and bye.

Searching for a peaceful rest

Ere following upon my quest

And questioning which road is best

Til left bereft to wonder why.

 

No loss to heft upon the pyre,

No wading through the muck and mire,

I only have but one desire,

To rest in comforts’ gaze.

To snuggle up in cozy’s warm

Secure from longing, safe from harm

With peaceful respite from the storm

Far from the frantic maze.

 

Come sit with me in comfort’s chair.

Recline, unwind without a care.

Euphoria attends us there

To fill our hearts with dreams.

No worries rush to fill our heads,

No mocking, hawking thoughts of dread.  

A place of peace and rest instead

Where nothing’s as it seems.

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: