Sunday, April 10, 2022

Snoring

Oh, the inhumanity that

Seeks to freak my sanity.

That reckless rude cacophony

Of never-ending rumble.

The mournful bleat of sleepless sheep

That rises from the darkened deep

To crash and bash my peaceful sleep

And leave my mind to grumble.

 

Perhaps a pillow firmly placed

Upon an unsuspecting face

Could quit the growl without a trace.

A permanent solution.

Or just a nudge might work instead

To roust the culprit from his bed

And rid the notion from his head

With jolting resolution.

 

I will not smother or cajole

This restless, feckless troubled soul

Whose rashness circumvents my goal

Of peaceful hushed repose.

But I am tempted oh, so dear

To reach whatever might be near

And knock the fool into next year

Or shove marshmallows up his nose. 

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: