Friday, April 29, 2022

Music

Soothing… rousing… reveling…

Musing, amusing, uplifting or sad.

Music is the mood,

The moment,

Music is the moving

Lilting language of simplicity.

Lyrical and loving,

Loud and luminescent,

Teasing time with tentacles

Of tasty, measured morsels

Hastening the heartbeat with

A frightening flame of frenzy

Dancing to the deep delight of

Mirthful melody.

Lift me up, sweet music,

When troubles labor at my door.

Fill my heart with gladness when

Life’s sadness beckons me.

Dance with me your winsome waltz

To fill the world with gladness.

Please my soul and make me whole

With treasures from your vaults.

 

Music… the sweet bread of life,

Come feed my weary soul.

Be my comfort. You are

What I need to make me whole.

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: