Thursday, April 28, 2022

Now

Planning for the future is

Always sound advice,

Even though those plans may run awry.

Things happen as events unfold,

Circumstances change with

The mournful often left to wonder why.

But tomorrow hasn’t happened yet,

In truth, it never will,

And yesterday is a fallow field

With furrows left to till.

Only one place left to be,

Though I may not know how.

Father Time abandons me

As I find myself in now.

Now is where I need reside,

Now is all we have.

Now can slip so easily away.

Now cannot be vilified

Or broken into this or that

Like some poor potters’ mound of molded clay.

 

You may want and wish and plan

Or mourn the past with sad regret.

Muddle if you must in musings but

Live for now.

It’s all you get. 

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: