Saturday, May 21, 2022

A Party in My Head

Out of the stillness of

Chosen seclusion,

Out of the calm of a quiescent quiet

The silence belies all the endless effusion of

Babble and rabble that boils to a riot.

 

A blatant complacency seals off the borders

Of realms that would otherwise

Fill me with dread,

And I become sated and

Dance to the music of life’s simple party

That plays in my head.

 

Others may think me aloof, at a distance.

They cannot (or will not) in truth understand,

But I hear the laughter come reverberating

From every corner of fantasyland

Filling my thoughts, calming my fears,

A constant companion with nothing unsaid.

And happiness springs like a cat

-        Unabated -

As I keep the party alive in my head.

 Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: