Saturday, May 28, 2022

Knock Softly

Nighttime falls as shades of slumber

Gently creep across the floor

And Sandman, with his magic dust, comes

Tata tap tapping on my door.

Soft his footsteps fall in silence,

Silky his mellifluous tones

To take my mind to blissful sleep

And rest my tired and weary bones.

 

Counting every measured breath to

Feel the rise and sweet release,

Softening each tiny muscle

Until the mind finds quiet peace.

Letting go of daylight’s shuffle

Sinking deep into the night,

Let the sacred nighttime spirits

Guide me safely to the light.

 

Keep the night owl from my window.

Let the band be still their horns.

Tether all the lowing cattle til

The morning is reborn.

 

All the world resides in stillness

In the bliss of nighttime’s score.

So, if the need be I should wake,

Please, knock softly on my door. 

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: